The internet made do it!
Or more accurately, the people on the ravelry forums did! I have long wanted a bunny hat so I finally made one. Knit up insanely quickly, thanks to the super bulky yarn and it is very warm. I kind of love it, though the ears aren’t as big and floppy as I intended. They are kind of stiff actually. But whatever, I made a bunny hat life is good.
It bares stating that this is my third hat this month. I made two more harf, and now this. I only have one head! I need to cool it with the hats…
- Used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn in “Pink” and “Grey Marble”. The yarn was pretty good to work with, end result is quite soft. The grey yarn is a big sheddy, though.
- I used size 13 US needles, and it knit to a fairly tight gauge. I like it that way, though.
- the main hat part was knit as a hood type thing, sort of like my harf, but with a bit of ribbing at the front edge for a bit of detail. I love this style of hat because I can put it on without ruining or messing up my hair!
- The ears were surprisingly easy to make. I knit the grey outer part and then knit the pink inner part, then attached them using the pink yarn and a crochet hook. The end result is a surprisingly clean, tidy seam and nice looking inner ear bit.
- the ears themselves were actually a bit heavy so it took a bit of extra work and reinforcement to attach them so that they stayed up and a bit perky.
- the bunny tail in the back was just some old white acrylic I had kicking around that I fluffed up by brushing it.